HOW DO I USE A WAX MELT?
Our large wax melts are designed to be chopped up into segments like a pizza of between 6-8. They can be burned multiple times in a flame or electric oil burner. Simply find your desired fragrance, place your order, when your item arrives simply use a butter knife or similar to chop the wax melt tart. Pop a segment into your burner dish, sit back, relax and enjoy.
Alternatively you may prefer a box of hearts of clamshell, both are incredibly easy to use - just place the desired amount in your burner and away you go on a relaxing fragrant journey.
WHAT IS BASIC CANDLE CARE?
Following these simple steps will help to keep your candle burning optimally.
HOW TO BURN YOUR CANDLE
1. Light your candle in a well-ventilated room, away from drafts or fans, which can cause sooting (black marks on the vessel), or rapid, uneven burning.
2. Burn regular-sized candles for one and a half to two hours at a time or until the wax has pooled to the edges. Burning for less time can cause the candle to 'tunnel', which leaves a build-up of wax around the vessel's sides and can reduce the maximum burn time. Burning for longer periods (over four hours) can cause the wick to move, or slant.
3. Make sure you stop burning your candle when 10mm of wax remains at the bottom, keeping an eye on a burning candle when the wax is low.
HOW TO CARE FOR WICKS
1. Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings and matches, as debris in the wax can act as a secondary wick, encouraging your candle to burn faster.
2. After extinguishing the flame with a snuffer, centre and straighten the wick. Burning for too long can cause the wick to move, or slant. If you see a flaming wick come close to the vessel wall, extinguish the flame and straighten the wick to prevent the vessel from cracking.
3. Long, or crooked wicks can create high flames, smoking, or sooting. Trimming the wick to 5mm (when the wax has set) following every burn is the easiest way to prevent this.
A lot of issues are resolved by simply trimming the wick down, please be attentive to this as you will enjoy the candle much more when it is burning correctly
DO YOUR PRODUCTS COMPLY WITH CURRENT CLP REQUIREMENTS UNDER EU LEGISLATION?
Yes, all of our items are CLP compliant, full CLP information is provided on all of our products. We also only work within strict IFRA guidelines and limits. If you require any further information on this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS VEGAN AND VEGETARIAN FRIENDLY?
Absolutely, all of our products are vegan friendly and cruelty free. We are categorically against animal testing.
Our products are also phthalate and paraben free. We only source our supplies through trust high quality suppliers how do business the same way we do, with the same values as us.
WHERE ARE YOUR PRODUCTS MADE?
All of our products are handmade and hand poured in the North West of England, UK.
DO YOU SHIP INTERNATIONALLY?
Please drop us an email regarding this - we will obtain price for postage and let you know if we can accommodate.
WHAT SHOULD I USE TO BURN MY WAX MELT IN?
You can use either a tealight oil burner or an electrical burner- we tend to find that tealight oil (flame) burners tend to get hotter – this often means stronger sent throw for shorter time. Electrical burners tend to not get as hot, thus the oil is not as strong and will generally last longer.
It is very important to note that oversized tealights are not recommended as the flame is too high and they can cause the wax to over heat which can cause smoke and spitting. Please use only 4hr standard sized tealights when using a flame burner.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR MY ITEM TO ARRIVE?
We will generally ship your item within two business days, sometimes we will make items to order which can take slightly longer.
MY ITEM HAS ARRIVED DAMAGED, WHAT CAN I DO?
Please drop us an email at email@example.com attaching photographs of the damaged item and the packaging it arrived in. We will get back to you promptly regarding this.
DO YOU OFFER WHOLESALE?
Yes, if you are considering stocking or selling our products we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact via email providing your full information and a bit about who you are and the items you are interested in stocking to firstname.lastname@example.org